Sunday, July 10, 2011

Parking Blues

Taking my girl out on dates
I'm shocked at the new parking rates
I'm sad to report
I'm one dollar short
And paying is something SHE hates!

With each visit to CVS
My frustration I must express
I cannot afford
To park my red Ford
The increase, it's just more B.S.

Those with money may come eat at Max
At Joseph A. Banks they buy slacks
They just pay a five
For a valet to drive
For the rest its an increase in tax

Out of towners may whine and may balk
And of high parking rates they may talk
We who live here
When getting a beer
Just park at Whole Foods and then walk

But parking at Whole Foods in town
Is something the cops now look down
They give you a ticket
As if to say "Stick it!"
Which turns my smile into a frown

It used to be free after eight
The new time you better keep straight
You're safe only when
You're paid up 'till ten
When dining at Grant's very late

The new parking rates do remember
When thinking of each council member
Then please make a note
When you go vote
The upcoming eighth of November

The parking spot search was no fun
With Blue Back and Center I'm done!
I said "Screw it all
"I'll head to the Mall
With plenty of spots and costs - None!"

No comments: